Cyberbullying and the Kreatious Community

Cyberbullying and the Kreatious Community

by aceflamingo23 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:09 pm

A short time ago, I got on kreatious after an argument with my parents about my anti social behavior at school, and I hoped to be put into question so that I could vent, but no mods were on, and Damek told me to do /ch c1 if I wanted to vent. So I went into /ch c1, and while I was venting my emotions, Damek, Frostbite, Aquad, and Comedian all came in and starting making fun of me and laughing at me for my emotional problems. I got off and had another nervous breakdown.

This is not right and should not be tolerated. Cyberbullying is terrible and often a factor in suicides. Kreatious should not encourage (by it's inaction) this form of bullying.
aceflamingo23

Re: Cyberbullying and the Kreatious Community

by Damek928 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 am

Ace, I wasnt making fun of you. I wanted you to take your trolling out of global chat and into a chat channel so people didnt have to listen to it. If you dont want others to comment on the stupid things that you say then dont say them.
Damek928
Resident

by aceflamingo23 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 am

Damek928 Wrote:Ace, I wasnt making fun of you. I wanted you to take your trolling out of global chat and into a chat channel so people didnt have to listen to it. If you dont want others to comment on the stupid things that you say then dont say them.

I. AM. NOT. TROLLING.

Why the hell can't anyone here seem to grasp that I actually do have emotional and mental health problems?

What stupid things do I say? Like when I talk about how I hate myself? Or how I hate school? Or how I want to be a recluse?

What is stupid in that, Damek? Those are all my real feelings and no one understands!
aceflamingo23

by iExspee » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 am

Naww.... poor Ace... you gonna go cry now?
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by comedian14 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:08 am

So me sayin maybe u should seek help and go to a therapist and me talkin to Damek is bullyin you? Erm, :?
comedian14
Resident

by Damek928 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 am

Well if you want to be a Hermit thats cool, I would like to be a hermit too :D But if you are going to spill out your life on the internet expect people to comment. When you have a huge background of trolling its hard to know whats true. If you want to talk to yourself thats cool. Talk to yourself then but dont type it out for others to see. If you so type it out put it in a word document or a notebook or something for only you not the whole world.
Damek928
Resident

by aceflamingo23 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 am

No, you all came in the chat channel and starting saying mean things about how I act. And I didn't want people to comment on it, that was why I wanted to be put in question!

Oh and Damek, that history of trolling you mentioned, remember that time you broke the rules of the server and killed Wolf Clan members with harming potions? I don't think I am the troll, you are.
aceflamingo23

by Damek928 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 am

I didnt kill Wolf Clan Members with harming potions there were other people there and maybe one of those people did, but from what I recall no one died
Damek928
Resident

by aceflamingo23 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm

It's no use arguing with you, you will all get away with it anyway. :(
aceflamingo23

by Neko92 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Legal Definition Wrote: Legal definition

Cyberbullying is defined in legal glossaries as

* actions that use information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harm another or others.
* use of communication technologies for the intention of harming another person
* use of internet service and mobile technologies such as web pages and discussion groups as well as instant messaging or SMS text messaging with the intention of harming another person.

Examples of what constitutes cyberbullying include communications that seek to intimidate, control, manipulate, put down, falsely discredit, or humiliate the recipient. The actions are deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior intended to harm another. Cyberbullying has been defined by The National Crime Prevention Council: “When the Internet, cell phones or other devices are used to send or post text or images intended to hurt or embarrass another person."

A cyberbully may be a person whom the target knows or an online stranger. A cyberbully may be anonymous and may solicit involvement of other people online who do not even know the target. This is known as a 'digital pile-on.'

With that in mind no one that I'm aware of has deliberately attacked you with the intent to harm. What you do ingame chat is depressing. Perhaps offensive to those with a happy outlook on life. If what you do is some kind of game or mockery to or about the emotionally challenged, someone who is depressed or suicidal may see what you say and take it upon themselves to believe it. (It's the internet, no way of telling when someone's sincere or not.)

Based on what I see in previous posts, Damek was thinking about the welfare of the server. You were annoying people with the "I hate my life" "I want everyone to suffer" stuff. It's a game, not a psychiatric ward, session with a psychiatrist or a place to tell people your deepest secrets and feelings. Granted, some do. However they don't do it in such a way that it gets annoying.

Now, assuming what you say is correct and they followed you into the Chat One Channel and made fun of you, that is indeed screwed up that we have once trusted Veterans that must've at one point helped players, now mocking one. Although with the lack of evidence (ie fullscreen pics and/or video) I cannot attest it as truth or not.

Aceflamingo23 Wrote:Kreatious should not encourage (by it's inaction) this form of bullying.

As I have experienced in life, the lack of action or "inaction" does not mean a person or group is encouraging something. When a child or teen does not do their homework, does this mean they are encouraging others not to also?
When you insist on being emo (emotional; not to be confused with being scene or the stereotypical type of Emo) in chat, Are you really encouraging others to do the same? If you are then perhaps you should be removed for bullying the community. If not then why bother doing something that won't effect anyone other than to annoy and antagonize them. You get "bullied" because of what you are doing to others.

Aceflamingo23 Wrote:Why the hell can't anyone here seem to grasp that I actually do have emotional and mental health problems?

It's not that people can't grasp it, they perhaps can't believe it because this is the internet. People spread alot of lies, propaganda and such online ALL the time. There is sites built on it. For all we know you could really a co-founder of the popular site 4chan. That is probably the biggest slam site out there. So to say one thing and convince others to believe or grasp it is like asking a Atheist to believe in God, or a religious person not to.

Furthermore if you do have problems, why "vent" yourself on a game where it's clearly unwanted. There is places out there that offer help, phone numbers to call, seminars to attend. Heck, your so hell bound on making people believe what you say online, so why not talk to a hotline representative?

This site has a chat on the right I believe. Just click the "Click to Chat" in the blue oval-ish box.

There is also this site that helps lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. They'll no doubt listen.

You can sign up here to discuss on a forum about mental health.

This site also appears to provide a online Live Chat.

There are site out there that can help you if you are sincere, obviously a Computer Gaming Server with like minded Adults and Teens are not the place to discuss your feelings. It's a game, not Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer.

On a personal note, you have my skype. Feel free to spam the heck outta it if you must vent. You could always bug your brother till he gets angry and knocks you unconscious for a few hours. Lol Just kidding...

Lastly, If this thread causes too much drama (like it is bound to do) I or another mod may delete and/or lock & archive it. Nothing personal, I and I'm sure other mods and players do not need this depressive content on the server or forums.
Neko92
Veteran

Next

Return to Archives