Should we regen the nether in 1.5

Yes, we should regenerate the nether
54%
No, leave it as is.
46%

Total votes : 37

Re: in 1.5 should we regen the nether

by Minerdomera » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Agree. main world nether is very cluttered and ugly. if regenerated for 1.5 i myself will try to make a very nice nether spawn so that people dun end up building cobble shacks all over the place. *lots will be free
Minerdomera

by briley0407 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 am

Yes. There is basically no glowstone, nether fortresses, or nether wart left. Mine as well.
^steam account friend me C:
briley0407

by JUSTRON123 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 am

briley0407 Wrote:Yes. There is basically no glowstone, nether fortresses, or nether wart left. Mine as well.

You gotta walk out far then build a railline to your base like i did
JUSTRON123
Resident

by pyrusbrawler30 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm

He's talking about quantity of DECENT forts... nearby ones to any portal are greifed more times than not... anyways, i think most of us can agree on the fact that the nether needs a regeneration.
pyrusbrawler30
Resident

by cruiserman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 pm

I vote no I have farms in the nether.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by Nezark123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am

I'm not a worldedit pro, nor do I claim to be, but can't you copy certain areas to be saved and regen the rest? that way you could save farms and regenerate the griefed bits.
Image ImageImage
Nezark123

by Neko92 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 am

That would be awesome way nezark, but we don't do it that way. It's not legit. Perhaps the could be a download made of the whole nether. Then people can copy what they built into a new nether.

Regarding the poll question. Yes, it should be regenerated. Sure some of the regulars will lose some stuff, but that leave room for improvements! to make better farms, maybe even bigger ones. My concern is for the well being of the server long term. If the future Kreatians have no place to build in the nether, How is it fair to them to not be able to gather nether resources? All because some selfish regulars didn't want to give up something they've had for a year or more. Also, If it does get regenerated it would most likely be after the 1.5 update. Meaning more quartz ores available.

My main two point here are
*to preserve the fairness of the future players on kreatious by allowing them room to build in the nether along side us old timers.
*Regen after 1.5, giving us a more updated nether with quartz ore and more glowstone.

If you guys wish to be selfish and vote not to regen then so be it. Deep down you will be a contributor to the demise of kreatious, should it occur one day. Hope you can live with that guilt.
Neko92
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 am

Should I just delete the argument posts? I think I should. I'll go ahead and do that.
(Edit: There we go. It's like the whole thing never happened at all. Much more peaceful in here now. Now you guys play nice, ya hear?)

As for my vote... I say, Sure. Why not? 90% of the nether is trashed. the 10% that is actually used (if you can call it that. probably more like 2-3%) is pretty much just a couple wither skeleton spawning zones. In my opinion, it wouldn't be too difficult to rebuild whatever is currently being used. For the sake of the rest of the nether, I think that small percent of players can take the hit for the team and bear with us on this. And hey, maybe we'll see some Nether Towns, if it's actually made a pretty place to live.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by 007coolcube » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 pm

I vote yes :3
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by Damek928 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm

I vote NO!!!!!! If you want your glowstone and nether quarts there is this fancy thing called /mine. There are many things in the nether that people have built. If you regen the main nether it will look the same way in a few months. SO DONT REGEN THE NETHER!
Damek928
Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Archives