[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - A couple of Forum Suggestions

A couple of Forum Suggestions

A couple of Forum Suggestions

by Aoixification » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:54 am

Hello, just a couple of quick suggestions;

Ban Request
As a section next to the Ban Appeals section, so people can request that people can be banned, but they would have to provide some sort of evidence, screenshot, video. Ect.
Suggestions
Pretty simple, for the forums you put [FORUM] and for the server you put [SERVER - C/S] C/S being creative/survival.

Just a couple of suggestions, if I think of anything else, I'll let you guys know. Let me know what you think with a quick +Support or -Support
Aoixification

Re: A couple of Forum Suggestions

by Neko92 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:06 am

I like the ban request idea. But there are modifications that can alter the logs (right clicking a block with a pick) in game, though if caught with may result in a ban anyways. So most mods would probably prefer to be asked in-game so they can tp and verify the incident themselves. For flyhacking videos may help.

Nice to see players taking initiative on the forums though.
Also you joined yesterday, so... Welcome! =D
Neko92
Veteran

by Irish_Ninja » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:42 pm

I also like the ban request idea.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by Aoixification » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Aoixification

by Irish_Ninja » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 am

^ Sounds good. The template would also help keep people from drooling on in one long, run-on, hard to read and follow, sentence about all the minor, and possibly unimportant things they were doing before, and after, the offender in question broke said rules they just explained in graphic detail, while also throwing insults at the aforementioned person and avoiding ending sentences like the plague, as if doing such is supposed to help their case any more than it isn't already. *Gasps for breath*

All irony aside though, this is a good idea. Keeps things organized, and mods can keep better track of issues that need to be resolved. It also seems like it would take some of the stress off their shoulders during high-traffic times of the day; as well as give them something to do in the quiet hours of the night, when there are significantly fewer individuals that need their attention.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by cruiserman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:40 am

I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by SirDukem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 pm

I brought this idea up with staff, before they all left. We all half-way liked the idea, but it never got taken anywhere from there.

I don't object to the idea, but I advise the staff to read the thread before committing to the idea.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=615

Edit: I've moved the thread to archives so anybody can read the thread, not just staff :P
SirDukem
Veteran

by cruiserman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 am

also during busy periods people could use /modreq <reason> just an idea
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by TheOWCA » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:04 am

I like this idea, however, i see a downside.
Some random person that wants revenge on someone (even though the person being framed is inoccent) could easily make one of these to try and get someone banned.
TheOWCA

Location: with all the CAL-I-FOR-NIA girls, they're all so wonderfuul!

by Aoixification » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 am

They would HAVE to have evidence. And coords.
Aoixification

Return to Archives