Idea for grief protection toggle

Re: Idea for grief protection toggle

by Cyberia78 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 am

Shadowofrsr Wrote:While the idea itself is a good one the problem comes up when a player wanting to be a dick decides to dig up a large section of the road to build something there but they don't allow it to be public there by claiming huge sections of that structure and obstructing others from being able to do what you suggested.

That's fine with me. That's why I want to do this: so that someone is able to build over the road if they wish. The road will have to adapt to the changing landownership.
Shadowofrsr Wrote:Also I could bet that if the idea was implemented that griefers or people wanting to troll really bad would take the time to dig up the entire road and re lay it down but no longer public so that they have now claimed that entire area and you can't do anything about it unless a mod comes and fixes the protections in the area.

There's nothing to stop someone doing this now if they wished. I could, right now, go out and lay down cobble to my heart's content, all over the place as long as I found enough space between other territories; but that is as it should be, and shouldn't change if this idea was implemented. Placing blocks, whether protected or not, would be subject to the same conditions as now.
Cyberia78

by iExspee » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am

I like the idea, but it's a bit tedious to make the system calculate every block you place, whether to be protected or not.
Maybe something like /allowblockbreak or something like that would be a good idea, so you can simply toggle between having /allowblockbreak on or off.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Kiwis are stupid, Aussies own you.
iExspee
iExspee
Resident

by JUSTRON123 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:13 pm

I really want this now, considering that my dragon eggs been griefed 2 times, i wish i could turn on antigreif on it.

EDIT: it was now stolen 5 times
Last edited by JUSTRON123 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JUSTRON123
Resident

by Cyberia78 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:51 pm

aquad1 Wrote:I like the idea, but it's a bit tedious to make the system calculate every block you place, whether to be protected or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the system already checks each time you place a block to see if there are protected blocks nearby. Why couldn't the blocks placed while your protection is turned off simply have a tag added that would bypass the anti-grief?

aquad1 Wrote:Maybe something like /allowblockbreak or something like that would be a good idea, so you can simply toggle between having /allowblockbreak on or off.

How exactly would that be different from what I'm proposing?
Cyberia78

by Cyberia78 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 pm

JUSTRON123 Wrote:I really want this now, considering that my dragon eggs been griefed 2 times, i wish i could turn on antigreif on it.

EDIT: it was now stolen 3 times

I'm don't know how having the ability to place unprotected blocks would help your situation... :roll:

Anti-grief is always on. I want to be able to selectively turn it off.
Cyberia78

by alan_x_zhu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

How about… preferences that you can set for a certain area of your structures? like permission: granted to [vtn+] or [rsd+] only? Most people that I noticed whom have griefed these railways/roads are the newcomers (I've did logpick for a while for fun, noticed a pattern where new players under 2 hours tend to do this…) Zerg should eliminate the entire /allow per player, and should add where you can go into your web browser (sorta like a dynomap) and go to a temp. link that expires in some time, where you can type in the names allowed for this or that structure, and block certain names, also. kinda like /ignore, you choose who you talk to/hear from. You should be able to choose who does what for building protection.
alan_x_zhu

Previous

Return to Archives