I'm not gonna lie to you...

Re: I'm not gonna lie to you...

by alan_x_zhu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

A side note to this: I found out that zerg's personal pc has much (MUCH) higher specs than the server… something like 64gb ram, 16 core processor (intel), and some wacky solid state drives. As much as I know he is going to be hesistant to use his own computer to run this (i know he has to do his own programs, student debt, cost, work, etc.) there is a slim potential that we already have all it needs to keep the server running. Except the power (he lives in a dorm, power costs will be exponentially higher), and paying for gigabit internet per month is overkill. (I think i just scrapped my idea, but it may be worth giving a try considering how desperate we've been for donations..)
alan_x_zhu

by Npatterson10 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am

Its so hard to decide, im like 20 bucks away from the new laptop because this one is a POC and kreatious needs me, but I cant even play kreatious if I dont have a better laptop >_< guys what should I do?
EDIT: Also I gorilla glued my hand shut should I buy a crowbar instead?
proud brony and creator of the mach10 fan fic which can be found here http://nathanielpatterson.imgur.com/ sorry for bad spelling and bad grammar
Npatterson10

by mattme1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Wait till Black Friday then buy laptop and have mo min he's! It's a win win!
mattme1

Location: Oregon... You wouldnt need to know if you werent stalking me

by kieranchocian » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Ok, we have a new server host now. However, zerg is in debt of somewhere between $100-200. Donations are still crucial at this time, and are greatly appreciated. :)
kieranchocian
Veteran

by SirDukem » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:14 pm

For anybody in doubt...maybe this will help some! Zerg has used 100% of all donations to go towards the server. He even used his old computer to host the creative server. I've met Zerg a few times, and he's a nice, 19 or 20 year old that goes to school and has a passion for programming! I've trusted him enough to let him in my home, and have full access to my network through remote access. He's never messed with anything, and when he did need to change something he'd let me know.

They say character is what you do when nobody's looking, and I can say with 100% certainty that Zerg has great character, otherwise all my info submitted over the interwebz would be stolen!!

From what I know, the creative server was taken out of my home last week, and Zerg is putting the survival server on that hardware, and will be placed in a server-setting environment with a reliable connection. This should drastically lower the cost of the server, but money is still needed!
SirDukem
Veteran

by TingoPineapple » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm

IK this is an old post topic thingy... but i has no moolah... :(
TingoPineapple
Veteran

Previous

Return to Archives