33%
No, but something needs to be done.
20%
Heck no, leave it the way it is now!
15%

Total votes : 55

[Proposal] TNT & Lava

by bondsmatthew » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:25 am

Well, many of us flew around the map today.. and I had, along with italia helping, the chat moderators banning people today. For griefs. Something that they shouldn't have to do. Until we get more moderators, I suggest we limit TNT and lava, to what we had before. Or something like that. Make it to where, moderators have to be on to use TNT and Lava. Or, something like that, you tell me!

I.. am tired, so I am going to sleep. Just.. answer this poll for me. Thanks! :3
bondsmatthew
Veteran

Re: [Proposal] TNT & Lava

by mattchuu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:34 am

Maybe, it's nice but with only 4 mods it's sound stressful to you guys (the mods).
mattchuu
Veteran

by Fluffy977 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:42 am

Maybe we have a fail safe, where we can just press a button when the grief system breaks that locks all use of lava and tnt and fire and water until the grief system is back up?
Clans
Spoiler:

Ranks
Fluffy977
Resident

by Neko92 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:47 am

Making it so mods have to be on may result in losing players which will domino to votes and potential donors...
Perhaps... make it so vtns have to be on... or even the chat mods...(though few were known to destroy terrain with tnt cannons)Players that are actually on more so all day. or maybe this can be a perk of a new rank?

On a side note... why fly around when the dynamic map is so much faster to scan the map? And were you banning offline players? That may have been tnting for a specific reason...
Neko92
Veteran

by ShishirG » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:15 am

Possibly something like...
you have to be registered to forums and have a X # of legit posts before access to TNT and Lava is given to the player.
OR
only Residents+ can use it. Because i won't lie, i use lava all the time. (not for griefeing) for things like making a castle , light source, etc.
ShishirG

by Rubinst » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:13 pm

you have to be registered to forums and have a X # of legit posts before access to TNT and Lava is given to the player.

That's not an option, everyone can make (i don't know;) 200 post to get access to tnt,

My idea is: Mod+ can use tnt, and give permission to RSD+ to use it (place/fire it).
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayRecEdiT
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayRecEdit/featured
If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. Kurt Cobain
Spoiler:
The game
Rubinst
Resident

by ShishirG » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Rubinst Wrote:

That's not an option, everyone can make (i don't know;) 200 post to get access to tnt,

My idea is: Mod+ can use tnt, and give permission to RSD+ to use it (place/fire it).

How is it NOT a option?
Making (200) posts can't be just done in a day. If the person actually does make (200) posts, i'm sure they'd want to be on the server. If some kid comes on the forums and makes (200) LEGIT posts in a day and goes to bomb TNT then i honestly don't know what this world has come to. Getting the X amount of posts is going to take time, GREIFERS are not patient, they want to just use it right away. This would also help boost the forum activity.
ShishirG

by tomvanberkel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:14 pm

ShishirG Wrote:How is it NOT a option?
Making (200) posts can't be just done in a day. If the person actually does make (200) posts, i'm sure they'd want to be on the server. If some kid comes on the forums and makes (200) LEGIT posts in a day and goes to bomb TNT then i honestly don't know what this world has come to. Getting the X amount of posts is going to take time, GREIFERS are not patient, they want to just use it right away. This would also help boost the forum activity.

It does make the forums more active, however it will give more incentive to just spam the forums just to get to the required post amount.
I think number of hours played is a better measurement. Because a lot of players are not really active on the forums.

Maybe 100+ hours? And with a mod online.
tomvanberkel

by ShishirG » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:27 pm

tomvanberkel Wrote:
ShishirG Wrote:How is it NOT a option?

It does make the forums more active, however it will give more incentive to just spam the forums just to get to the required post amount.
I think number of hours played is a better measurement. Because a lot of players are not really active on the forums.

Maybe 100+ hours? And with a mod online.

Exactly, thats why i said LEGIT posts, i'm sure there are mods for the forum as well right? I'm new to this server, but i'm guessing there are forum mods, regulate the posts, it'll give the forum mods something to do while playing etc.
The hours is alright as well, but i liked the posts as it benefited both the forums and the server.
ShishirG

by kenny0011 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Urg... But...

After... a _small_ spam war with Jhall... A post count _can_ increase A LOT

Posts should be a factor, but not a decider =/
kenny0011
Donor

Next

Return to Archives