[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
kreatious.net • View topic - Staff

Staff

Staff

by mikeymac41 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:58 am

There are a little amount of staff and i think we should be looking for more and they should sumbit an application:

Minecraft IGN:

Timezone:

Do you play Kreatious often? How long?:

Have you ever been banned? Why?:

Why should we pick you?:

Any additional info:
mikeymac41

Re: Staff

by VVX1000 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

We can't let people do applications for moderator because this position is very important and has many responseabilities. Moderators should be decided amoung Zerg and present moderators on the server. Applications won't work for the following reasons:

1. The lack experiance as a user causes them to make mistakes in solving situations such as griefing.
This can cause the moderator to get banned because of being misleading other people that the player did something capable of a ban even though the player did not do anything. This is one of the reasons why Veterans are allowed to temp. ban people so if they get picked moderator, they would have enough time to know when to ban and for what reason to ban the specified player.

2.Submitting aplications is just like voting for a new moderator. Zerg and everyone on kreatious agreed not to vote for moderators because of the possiblity of a player abusing their powers. They would ban people for the littlest thing, or if they get angry at another player. They could also go break private chests and doors to grief other players.

3. People who show that they follow the rules, they are respectful to Zerg and the other Moderators, they report other users for breaking the rules etc..This could eventully help you gain trust relyablity between the other players and kreatious staff.

Below shows an example of what would happen if two people submitted a appication and people voted apon it:

Veteran: No bans, kind of known, very trustworthy and relyable. Has been Veteran for a month and it is possible for him to be ranked up.
Votes: 4

Now take a Defuilt user: Has been banned twice for griefing, Very well known,not trustworthy, Moderators would not even think about this user being ranked up.
Votes: 9

We shouldn't go towards this because a while ago, it was possible for other people to vote for moderators, and as we all should know, that leads to a bad future.

sorry about spelling it's 11pm
iz tired ;-;
VVX1000

by Neko92 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 am

What VVX1000 said ^

Mikey... Should consider browsing the forum. There is rank info available @ http://kreatious.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=319&sid=9c5b5e8bfd0fec4f2e14e86be5551ecb

Also I believe there is about 15 Moderators recently there was a group of trusted Veterans promoted to this Rank.
There is also 2 bots in-game that handle most common things like fly/speed hackers, and answer many common questions like how to become a Rsd or Resident.
Then theres the Owner and Coder of the server who's plugins prevent most greifs. I've witnessed him and volunteers testing plugins he continues to make, perfecting them slightly each time.

You say there is little amount of staff, when really the server does not need them. Considering you just joined (Welcome by the way!) I have to assume you don't know much about the server yet. So if you have problems that the bots don't handle. Ask for a mod, if no mods are on try a chatmod (vtn's with a yellow coloured name), Theres also veterans who can ban by vote, who are trusted players and many will try to help because they know the server.
Some Rsd's can help talk you through some things like locking chests, doors. Where to find rules, trade booths, malls, free food, etc.

You are not without help! =D
Neko92
Veteran

by 007coolcube » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 am

"why should WE pick you" Your default defaults don't make changes here.
What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

by Irish_Ninja » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:38 pm

^ Not entirely true. Defaults are players too; and we all started out as one. They have every right to help the rest of us make changes for the better.

Besides, who better than a default player, to make suggestions as to what may or may not be enjoyable to newly joining players like themselves? They know it best because they're living it right now; unlike us, who have played longer, and gotten used to how the server works. Just saying, that if we pay attention to what pleases and displeases the defaults, the rate of player retention will rise; more players will decide to stick around longer, and have a more positive experience with us.
^Click the images to apply!
Irish_Ninja

by cruiserman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 am

Defaults are our future. Without new players kreatious would surely die and I know there is no other replacement in my heart. So don't shoot him down. Even the most trusted players started where he is now. And yes I did have to wait untill 60 hours on the old server but I learned that was wrong and I know it's scary beining alone in the world with no home that's why I'm providing free homes to everyone in my town urban.
I like tacos. Why you no like tacos?
http://imgur.com/ayVDmPq<< zerg
cruiserman
Veteran

by VVX1000 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:45 am

We still cannot let people submit applications. The user other users trying to approch moderator the Correct Way will not like their actions. It would also be a bad expiriance to new players if the moderator that submitted an application and was not ready at te time to handle a important situation correctly.
VVX1000

by 007coolcube » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 am

What can I say? I'm a cool cube.
007coolcube
Veteran

Location: New Zealand, where you're not gonna get hit by a nuke.

Return to Archives